SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program
SkyWest Airlines has partnered with Aerosim Flight Academy to be a part of the “SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program .” The SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program provides a direct path for exceptional pilots with a desire to take control of their aviation career. Enhanced seniority, guaranteed final interview, and access to pilot mentors are just a few of the upgrades students can receive by becoming a SkyWest Cadet on your way to becoming one of SkyWest’s nearly 4,000 professional pilots.
Learn more on the application requirements and how to become a SkyWest Airlines pilot below:
Program Benefits for participating CFIs:
- Attend company orientation at SkyWest headquarters
- Obtain a Date of Hire (DOH) at SkyWest
- Retain DOH with SkyWest Airlines while in program
- Ability to travel on SkyWest-operated aircraft according to company policies and/or procedures
- Company seniority for benefits eligibility activates as soon as you’re a cadet.
- Assist SkyWest Airlines with projects as appropriate
- Assist with job fairs, recruitment events, mentoring students, etc.
- Enhanced introduction to SkyWest, including flight and lodging to SLC, tour of SkyWest facilities and more.
- Mentor-ship from SkyWest pilots, including regular visits, mock interviews and ongoing association with crew members.
- Guaranteed final interview for a first officer position at SkyWest.
- Increased seniority within SkyWest’s ground school class.
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment:
- Letter of Recommendation from Advisory council
- All FAA pilot certificates for airplane category must have been earned as a result of training received from Aerosim Flight Academy or a flight program approved by SkyWest. (Or, candidate must have been validated and credited by Aerosim Flight Academy or the approved flight program’s policies and/or procedures)
- No criminal offenses that would preclude Canadian clearance
- No more than 2 moving violations on the candidates driving record in the past three years
- Have earned (or, currently enrolled to earn) a degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Commercial Pilot Certification with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- CFI and CFII Instructor Certifications
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- FCC License
- No more than three failed checkrides where a notice of disapproval was issued by an FAA inspector or FAA designated examiner
- Self-disclosure of all incidents and accidents that require a report to be filed by the FAA
- No record of enforcement action on the applicatn’s FAA record
- Valid Passport
Applicants must possess the legal right to work in the United States and have the ability to travel in and out of the United States and to all cities/countries served by American Eagle. Ability to work weekends, nights, shifts, holidays and overnight trips. Must fulfill government-required criminal background checks to qualify for un-escorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas and secure airport authority and/or U.S. Customs security badges, if applicable. Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
Become an Airline Pilot
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become a pilot and benefit from the Pilot Placement Services Aerosim Flight Academy has to offer.Contact Us