How to Enroll in Flight Training at the Academy
We want to make the application process as easy as possible for students. Below is a checklist of pilot training requirements to help you understand what you need to do in order to enroll at Aerosim Flight Academy. Note: All applicants must be at least 17 years old.
Step 1: Completed and signed application for admission
Step 2: Submit a $150 USD application fee to the Academy
- Payable by: VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover or Wire Transfer. (Please contact our admissions department for wire transfer instructions).
Step 3: Education requirement – Applicant must meet 1 of the 3 following requirements:
- Received High School Diploma – evidence of a cumulative GPA of 2.5. High School transcript required
- Received GED – evidence of completed 24 college credit hours from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. College transcript required
- Private Pilot’s Certificate with verification of high school diploma or GED
Step 4: Submit a 250 word essay explaining why you'd like to enroll in flight training at our Academy
Step 5: Complete a Wonderlic assessment and meet or exceed the minimum score requirement
Step 6: Once the application is completed and submitted to the Academy, all applicants will be scheduled for an interview with the Academy’s Selection Committee. Other applicants may also be scheduled for an interview at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Step 7: Proof of identification (see the list below for the appropriate documents)
- United States Citizens (including individuals from DC, Puerto Rico, Us Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Island, American Samoa, and Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Island):
- Valid US passport or Passport Card
- And Certificate of Birth Abroad (if applicable)
- And Certificate of Naturalization (if applicable)
- OR – Any two of the following:
- State issued Birth Certificate
- Unexpired government issued photo ID
- U.S. Military ID Card
- Native American Tribal Card
- Permanent Residents:
- Valid international passport
- And Unexpired Permanent Resident Card
Step 8: High School Transcript
A course by course transcript evaluation is required for any applicant who attended high school outside of the United States. If the applicant’s transcript is printed in any other language than English, please submit a copy of the original document as well as a translated copy. Ask your Admissions Officer for a list of translation and/or evaluation companies.
Step 9: Photocopy of an FAA Medical Certificate
Go to flightphysical.com for information on FAA Designated Medical Examiners in your country, or contact your admissions officer for assistance.
Step 10: Photocopy of FAA Pilot’s License (if applicable)
Step 11: Copy of Foreign Pilot License accompanied with a valid FAA Letter of Authenticity
Become an Airline Pilot
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become a pilot and benefit from the Pilot Placement Services Aerosim Flight Academy has to offer.Contact Us