The Environmental, Health and Safety Site Lead is responsible for the protection of the employees, customers, and the environment. Champion the comprehensive oversight for a safe, compliant operation. This position is responsible for ensuring that government safety regulations, industry standards, and internal company standards are being met.
1. Review and implement corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
2. Champion organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
3. Guide management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
4. Conduct chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessment
5. Provide oversight of the facility’s hazardous waste management program, including handling, storage, inspections, and shipping
6. Develop and implement environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability
7. Undertake regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management system
8. Direct accident investigation programs, report or review findings, note trends, and develop programs for improving performance
9. Provide and communicate employee safety training and communication programs, contingency planning, Emergency Response, and Health and Safety evaluations/implementation
10. Set environmental and safety priorities and goals consistent with corporate objectives
11. Specify EH&S guidelines and directives for internal controls
12. Act on quantitative measurements and coordinate solutions, presentations, and detailed reporting on safety performance and continuous improvements
13. Establish cross functional teams to coordinate delivery of compliant safety performance
14. Define solutions which support EHS policy integration into facility operations
15. Determine improvements which provide reliable, successful EH&S programs
1. 2-3 years EHS experience preferred
2. OSHA Certification preferred
3. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
4. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Experience leading and directing the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaborate with all levels of leadership
6. Requires strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Products
7. Problem Solving/Analysis.
8. Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines
9. Ability to travel (Sanford based but travel to Jacksonville and Burnsville, MN required)
10. Ability to coach and work directly with managers and supervisors at each location providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office, shop, and outdoor environments; and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.Apply Now
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
We are looking for people who want to be a part of an organization rich in a culture of teamwork, accountability, and fun. It takes a team of dedicated employees with a variety of skills to create a truly great company.Apply Now
Become an Airline Pilot
Contact us today to learn more about how you can become a pilot and benefit from the Pilot Placement Services L3 Airline Academy has to offer.Contact Us